11/11/2012

"Eye of the Storm" Review


Eye of the Storm (Lords of Arcadia, #2)Eye of the Storm by John  Goode
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First impression be damned, this book wasn't the same one after the first one and by all means I meant that in a good way. Great even, because the effect of surprising the reader from a different theme to another was fluidly executed.

I'm not a science fiction fan myself but I literally enjoyed the book. It took just much willpower on my part to not give up on the book because it wasn't my thing and it did not disappoint. Half-way on the book I was enjoying it so much that I do not mind a lot of new information was being thrown at me, and amazingly, I understood them as if I knew about Realms, Lord-of-the-rings-clashed-with-Star-wars type of scenarios. The plot, the story, was real magic itself.

Plot aside, I'm really liking the character build-up not only between Kane & Hawk, but the others as well. Like Ater, Ferra, and Ruber most especially, damn even on Tatiana and Oberon. The book carried enough emotional turmoil that it wouldn't look too "action" movie of blood, guts, and war. I'm really thankful of that.

AM I LOOKING FORWARD TO THE THIRD BOOK? FUCK YES ABSOLUTELY I AM, SIR AND MADAMS. I'm so hyped up for the third book so much that you must agree with me that the book, even on the last pages, gave me so much feelings and excitement, it isn't a joke to say how awesome this book was.

John Goode's words/story on the last book was a nice touch also. It only didn't made me know about him more, but absolutely think of him of a guy who isn't really doing this wonderful books with raw writing skills, but with help and patience. Especially with cats. Cats are always a nice touch. That's why this is a perfect 5 STAR!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment