4/08/2012

"Emily's House" Review

Emily's House (Akasha Chronicles, #1)Emily's House by Natalie Wright
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thank you for Natalie Wright, winning a signed copy from her was really a first for me. Again, thank you.

Personally, I was never into Celtic themed books. Not that I disliked them, but I had a hard time grasping the reality of it. After reading Emily's House, I can't help but wonder how blind I was like the people inside the book. Emily's House focuses on the discovery of something seemed impossible that you couldn't deny if it happened in real life, you won't know what to do or what to believe.

But that what makes Emily's House amazing is that it challenges people's realism. That we are so fed up with technologies and improbability of things; We do oversee things and take them for granted. Though the approach in telling this tale is for real young adults, it never missed the action normally readers crave for. Also, I had earned a new perspective about Celtic History and it was really never about magic and just fairy tales but it somehow resembles some people way if life (i.e. Monks) That the way of Celtic is also a simple science and a little bit of great imagination. I had found a new theme to love.

Hence, I will definitely wait and read for the sequel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment