3/25/2012

It's a immigrant thing on "College/Universities"

Many months has passed and thank god for Gandalf that I only understood now how to apply to some Undergraduate Application for Universities. Since landing on this blessed soil, my life has been officially restarted to a range of 100 staggering percent. No friends, a few relatives, and a totally clueless environment. Being the only sole 19-year old in a close community within Carson, California-so far I only knew how, when and why to ride a bus. How and where to buy food. Where and when to waste time. Why and where to spend dough and other things god knows what.

I have been left the task to pick myself up from whatever basket they left me in and go things from there. So the question? What things in my life did I need to rebuild or just leave it at that. One thing for sure, my weight isn't going away soon. (Pizza heaven everyone, do not judge.) Second thing is either I work or go to college. Do not get me wrong, I have no issues on working but I do have issues on WHERE do I work. OK, I can hear your gears working and saying, "Faye, it isn't about what job. It's about earning money." Well here's a upside for you: Do you think a girl like me with no medical experience or knowledge at all would pass as a Care Giver? ... Sure let me give you some minute to think about your answer. Go ahead. .... Have your answer? Well here's my argument: No. I would certainly not. Giving me a run around about a day on a medical facility wouldn't make me learn anything about where rightly to stab a syringe in a human's body. Cleaning? Sure? Medications? Nada. Let's not forget about what to do on emergencies or accidents! If you think I'd be the person who runs to a drowning body and do CPR, you are clearly mistaken. Sure I'd saved the guy from drowning ... but CPR? What? Do I just kiss? See where I'm going? I need education about it AND I AM SICK OF PEOPLE THINKING THAT I DO NOT NEED ONE.

Obviously, I'm no genius but neither a a genius or me would know what to do in a situation we do not have experience in. Believe me, I read a lot of books. I read about how assassins or serial killers do their thing, doesn't mean I'd be the next Jason Bourne.

Education isn't my first love. We have that love-hate and give-take relationship. You'll hear me complaining about school one day but I'd be complaining having not a school on the other. Saying so, my top priority is really finishing my goddamn course as a I.T. and majoring in Web Development. For the people who doesn't know? I left College at my 4th year but have I known how hard it is to apply to a college here in U.S.? I wouldn't have dared go here before I finish my studies. (Moment of silence regret and rolling eyes)

Past on the verge of rage ranting, I had a couple of times on feeding myself information about scholarships, admissions, etc. One of the downside here is really not knowing about how the education system works. And I have no one in my age to practically lay it down for me in simple steps or instructions. I haven't ever been in a scholarship, nor did I applied it. Back in the Philippines it's either you have money or not. So here I was clueless as ever and I don't even bother once I get frustrated. But frustrated no more! Thank god for the one who made University of Southern California website/blog which I understood what I had to do in one reading. I'm actually planning on getting on with the application but I had a tip that I had to at least wait a solid year before getting with my education in college. I don't know why but it was suppose to lay me off on some big bucks. So here I am just waiting for the time.

I honestly can't remember how I go through with school days, but now especially I am in a foreign ground: I'd bet I will be twice the loner I was. I'm actually not around to make friends but it would be nice to know at least one person in the school or one person each of my class, so that if I suddenly had to disappear, I can ask someone. Not that people are not approachable here, matter of fact, they are too approachable and open, it gets awkward for me. And hence the staying away from people. But that's not the issue right now, I'm just happy to at least know I can do applications now. I have plans on studying speaking Russian. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment